Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fabulous Day in Shinjuku

today I had a great time going to Shinjuku. my friend Ichi-san was playing the trombone in the Amadeus Society Orchestra, which is closely related with Keio University. all of the band played perfectly works from Carl Nielsen (Aladdin Suite), Joaquin Rodrigo (Concierto de Aranjuez) and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (Symphonic suite "Scheherazade"). the music was amazing, and I was really impressed by the introduction of classical guitar in the Rodrigo's work. actually, the Adagio part I already knew as "Follow Me" by Kimiko Itoh in Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (which by the way is an excellent movie). the guitarist was Shin-ichi Fukuda who was applauded heartly from the audience.

of course, it wasn't only the concert that made the day great. I had a great company with me, Kumiko and Yukata with me. we had a really nice time in a tempura restaurant in Shinjuku that (ironically) I suggested.

a memorable day.

No comments: